We know many renditions of cakes with fruit. However, this sweet treat comes with a vegetable in the lead role and is becoming increasingly popular. Here is a simple recipe for carrot cake with a delicious cream cheese frosting.
Delicious carrot cake
- 4 large eggs,
- 200 g sugar,
- 250 g wheat flour,
- 180 ml vegetable oil,
- 300 g grated carrots,
- 1 teaspoon baking powder,
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoon cinnamon,
- a pinch of salt,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
- 100 g chopped walnuts
- half a cube of butter,
- ⅓ cup sifted powdered sugar,
- 3 tablespoons of liquid honey,
- 250 g mascarpone or Philadelphia cheese
form: 25 × 35 cm.
All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Whisk eggs with sugar. Add vanilla extract. Still whisking, slowly add oil. Add grated carrots and nuts. Stir gently.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Mix everything well. Combine with carrot mixture, stirring gently.
- Pour the batter into the form lined with baking paper (or greased with fat and breadcrumbs). Bake at 175 degrees for about 30 minutes (until dry).
Cream the butter and sugar until you get a fluffy paste. Add honey. While still mixing, gradually add cream cheese.
Let the cake cool after baking and then spread the cream cheese topping on top.