Bread baked at home is simply delicious. More and more people rely on this type of bread, which is healthier and tastier. Making it yourself is not as hard as it may seem. Check out this simple and proven way to make homemade bread!
Attention – it’s like a scene from a movie. You get up first thing in the morning and throw the dough into the oven and it rises beautifully, until the crust becomes brown and slightly cracks. Plus it smells insanely good. The smell of bread in the morning, served with butter or cottage cheese, wakes up the family
It sounds like a fairy tale, but it can become a reality. Here’s the whole recipe.
The ingredients are not fancy, you can easily buy them at any grocery store. You can replace vegetable oil with oil, and white sugar with cane sugar. The given proportions will allow you to bake a large loaf, which is sure to feed a family of several people.
Read also how to make vegetable bouillon.
1. Start by preparing the leaven. Crumble the yeast into a bowl, add sugar and crush with a fork. Once the yeast is dissolved, add a glass of lukewarm water and a tablespoon of flour. Mix all together and leave covered with a cotton cloth in a warm place for about 10-15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, mix together the dry ingredients i.e. flour and salt.
3. After 10-15 minutes the starter should be ready. How to check it? Just check if the mixture has increased in volume. Then, add it to the flour with salt. The next step is to add olive oil and another cup of lukewarm water.
4. Mix the whole thing with a wooden spoon. Then, use a planetary mixer or knead the dough with your hands so that the ingredients are thoroughly combined and there are no lumps.
5. Form the kneaded dough into a ball and set aside in a bowl, which should also be covered with a cotton cloth. Set aside in a warm place for 40-60 minutes or overnight.
6. Before putting the dough into the oven, set it to 200°C (thermo). Place the dish without the dough in the oven.
7. Knead the risen dough again and place in the heated shallow baking dish, which should be sprinkled with flour.
To prevent the bread from cracking, make an incision in it with a sharp knife or razor blade. This will also make the bread rise nicer.
8. Cover the dough with the deeper part of the ovenproof dish and put it in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
9. After this time do not turn off the oven. Remove the lid and continue baking for 20 minutes. This time you can spend on preparing toppings for the bread
10. Turn off the oven and slightly open the door. Wait 5-10 minutes, take the bread out and place it on a wooden board. Thus prepared bread should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
As you can see, preparing homemade bread is not difficult. Each loaf can be varied according to your taste, e.g. with seeds or cranberries. For the more advanced there is an option with rye flour. Bread can be cut into slices and frozen. After thawing it will be equally delicious – guaranteed!
Main photo: Pixabay/pexels.com